Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Survival of the fittest

On Thursday November 4 I went to visit my aquarium for the 4th time.  Alot of big changes happended since the last time I was there.  Eveything had been reproducing and I think a bit of competition is going on. 

The first thing I saw that was drastically different than last time was the number of cyclopses in the aquarium.  I saw at least seven adult cyclopses and seven baby cyclopses which I had never seen in there before. 

I also saw a dramatic increase in the number of voticelle in the aquarium.  I found at least ten where usually I would only see about three of four. 

The most shocking thing I saw in my tank this week was the amount of coleps I saw.  This was schoking to me because I hadn't noticed any before the tanks were fed and now there are hundreds of them all over the aquarium.  I noticed that they like to stick together because where I found one there were always at least ten others with it.  I even noticed them attaching to and eating an organism.  I really hope that the organism, which looked like a rotifer, was dead before the coleps got to it.  The coleps seemed to be very hungry because every time I saw a clump of them they were eating something.  I think the coleps have been either eating the rotifers or eating the same thing rotifers eat because there seems to be less of them.

I also found a new little friend in my aquarium; he is a flat worm.  He truly is the king of the aquarium because he would run into other organisms and they would all swim away in fear. 

I think there is some kind of algae growing in my aquarium becase a large number of green dots have appeared on the aquarium.

I can't wait to go back and see what has changed since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment